If you are new to online bingo, you may be wondering about the best strategies for playing. This guide aims to provide you with information to help you on your path to becoming a more advanced bingo player and most importantly, help you gain those all-important wins.
While listing some basic bingo strategy pointers that will help, we will also explain the rules and everything else that you need to know about the two popular games 75- Ball and 90- Ball Bingo.
90 Ball Bingo
If you are new to online bingo then it might be best to start with 90 Ball Bingo because it is very similar to the Bingo Hall games. Plus this is the most likely game you will see if you are playing online in the U.K. Like all the other bingo games, you start by purchasing your tickets, then mark off the numbers when they’re called.
There are 15 numbers on each 90 ball bingo ticket. The numbers are arranged in a 9 x 3 grid. Numbers 1 – 9 can be found on the first column, numbers 10 – 19 are found on the second column and so on, with numbers 81 – 90 appearing in the fifth column.
Numbers 1 – 90 will be called at random and there are three opportunities to win in 90 ball bingo:
1 line win where players try to cover off a complete horizontal line on their card.
2 lines win where players go for two horizontal lines. These don’t have to be on the same tickets where 1 line was crossed off, but they have to be on the same ticket as each other.
Full house win where players aim to mark off all the numbers on their ticket.
Each line is a chance to win and the prizes usually get bigger the more lines you have. Eventually, someone will get a full card, called a ” full house” and the game will end.
When the game starts, an automated random number generator delivers the numbers one at a time and you will see the numbers marked off your card automatically too. The tickets will usually shuffle themselves during the game so your best ticket (the one closest to a win) is at the top. The tickets will also usually show how many numbers you have to go until you can win.
75 Ball Bingo
While it’s still more popular in the US than the UK, a lot of new bingo sites offer at least one or two variations of 75 Ball Bingo. Just like in 90 ball bingo, players cross off the numbers on their ticket(s) as they are called. Each 75 ball bingo ticket has five horizontal lines and five columns. Each column is headed by a letter spelling BINGO.
The ‘B’ column has numbers 1 -15, the ‘I’ column has numbers 16 -30 and so on. There is a space right in the centre of the card that is free. This has no number on it and is counted as already being covered. There are a number of ways to win 75 ball bingo: Coverall where players try to cover all 24 numbers on their card. Line wins where players can win by covering a complete horizontal, vertical or diagonal line. Bingo pattern wins where a pattern or shape is declared at the start of the game and players are aiming to cover their numbers to make this pattern on the card. There are lots of different pattern wins available including crosses, chevrons, diamonds and even sailboats, the sun and dog bones!
Ways To Help You Win
- Learn the rules so that you understand all about what is on offer, whichever site you’re playing on and make sure you read all the necessary content, particularly the terms and conditions, that can normally be found under the ‘FAQs’ section.
- Play the chat games that are available in the bingo rooms which can be played day or night. If you can win at these chat games, you will have more free bonuses to enjoy when you play your bingo games.
- Look out for BOGOF games, that’s ‘buy one get one free’, where the BOGOF games offer a free bingo ticket for every one that you buy. You can easily double your ticket figure and be in with a super chance of winning.
- Play free bingo games which will greatly increase your chances of winning big money as every time you win, your balance increases. You can play many different Free Bingo games at once to give you additional chances of winning.
- Try playing games in off-peak hours as your chances of winning increase if you play games in which fewer people are playing. It’s worth making a note of the dates and times of the off-peak games so you are ready to take advantage of the “quieter” times.
- Use the Auto buy process where you can as this means avoid having to buy cards every time you play a game. You just select the number of games that you want to play in, the number of cards per game and the price of your cards. Don’t forget tough that if you leave the bingo room, your auto-buy purchases will become invalid.
- You can also buy your cards for up to one week in advance. You will need to be signed in to your account for this option to be available to you, then you can check the games you ordered cards for in your account section, and you can even cancel them should you wish to.
- Be mindful of your bingo budget. You should never spend more than you can afford. So it’s important to buy cards that are priced within your budget. Cards come in a range of prices from free ones, 0.01p, 0.05p and upwards. If you want to play for big stakes, then it’s better to play in the high roller rooms where ticket prices are high, but where the prizes are usually larger than the standard cash prizes.
- Don’t forget to claim your bonuses when they become available. It’s always worth checking for those highly prized No Deposit Bingo Bonus offers too.
- Use the Promotions by keeping a lookout for games that offer bonuses, cash, or larger-than-normal prizes. These normally appear on the bingo sites as soon as you enter the site, or via emails or even in pop-up messages.
- Based on the law of averages, your chances of winning are increased the more cards you buy, although you can also lose money if you don’t win. The key thing is to select the times at which you play and buy as many cards as you can afford.
By using these tips and guidelines, as a new player, you should be able to enjoy your bingo experience! You may even win a few jackpots! Play the free bingo games, claim your bonuses, play a mix of low-value games and high value ones.Why not get started now!